Victorian renovation

This image caught my eye on the pinwheel (my term for what happens when you get stuck on pinterest going round and round in a happy trance of images).

seen: here

I absolutely love the old meets new vibe. It is so intriguing to me to imagine who lived in this gorgeous brownstone when it first built. I truly wish sometimes I could have a time machine and travel back in time for a day here, a day there  - just so I could drop by for a cocktail party at this grand old home (been watching too much Downton). 





Thoughtfully renovated by architect Julian King, this brownstone surprisingly retained a lot of original detail. The original floors were bleached and kept bare for a minimalist feel. The crown moulding was repaired and preserved in its original and ornate style.  Having been chopped up for rentals over the years, the floor plan was returned to a more logical flow. A beautiful master bedroom on the ground floor opens seamlessly to the outdoors. A rare treat in NYC.











Lots of white paint, a well thought out floor plan 
and a masterful balance between old and new makes this a renovation to applaud.  
Now, can I move in please? 

images found: here
photographer: Bruce Buck


1 comment:

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...