Reese's Ojai getaway

Every time I see images of Reese Witherspoon's Ojai home I take a deep breath. There is something about it that makes me want to relax. I have long loved the Spanish Southern California architectural vibe and spent many a weekend driving from LA to Santa Barbara and Ojai to get out of the city.  This month's Elle Decor gives us another tour of this historic property in the September issue. 

Designed in 1923 by Wallace Neff, the home still houses original Spanish tiles, exposed beams and iron works that were forged in a foundry on the property back in the '20's.  Reese enlisted the help of friend and interior designer Kristen Buckingham to give the home an updated and kid-friendly look.  Antiques mixed with modern upholstery and use of subtle color all work perfectly together. The home mixes just the right touches of history, updated comfort and whimsy. 





























these images: elle decor

Over the years the home has been featured in various mags (Vogue, House Beautiful) from Kathryn Ireland's days as owner.   

Here are a few older images of the grounds...










these images found: here

Robert Pattinson is said to be mending his broken heart here. 
I think he picked the right spot.  





Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...