I am a sucker for a good before and after. However, I like showing the afters first. Read on to see the befores and to hear how we did on a budget.
What we did:
- chopped off the bar height island and created counter height island
- removed wall oven tower and upper cabinets, replaced those with open shelves
- removed tile backsplash behind stove and installed a slab of Silestone Statuario quartz
- removed black countertops and installed Silestone Statuario quartz
- spray painted cabinets (professionally)
- installed white farmhouse sink
Decisions to use Quartz instead of marble and to paint the existing cabinets were ways in which we value engineered this remodel. The splurge was the Wolf range. We lucked in to one in our previous home and have been forever changed by it.
If you have been hesitating on a kitchen remodel because it seems daunting, start with painting your cabinets white. I recommend having them professionally sprayed. It is far less expensive than new cabinets and oh what a change it makes.