GOING GREY

I was talking to a friend yesterday about light vs. dark hardwood floors. She is getting ready to embark on a renovation and needs to start choosing finishes. We went back and forth between the the merits of dark classic and light natural.  Neither one of us coming to a resolute conclusion because neither choice seemed right. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks... grey.

I gathered some images to share with her and of course thought I would share here too. It is a great neutral, looks dramatic with either black or white (her two favorite colors) and can be as light or dark as you choose to play with.  

contemporary elegant


retro or modern


dramatic or airy



mix it up with old and new



cozy and casual



layers and warmth or light and airy


Whether a hand painted finish or highly milled and sleek I love the whole idea. 

The possibilities are endless.


images found: 1  //  2  //  3  //  4  //  5  //  6   //  7, 8 ,9  //  10  // 11  // 12  // 13  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...