BACK TO THE ISLAND

Today I am taking you back to Harbour Island. We have only been home a few weeks and I am already dreaming of next summer's trip. In one of my dream states this gorgeous room popped up in my instagram feed and I had to share it with you. It is the beautiful work of designer Alessandra Branca (follow her for inspiring insta-images). 


The Dunmore (site of our wedding 9 years ago) underwent a fresh-faced makeover and reopened at the end of 2010. The last few years have seen continued growth and refinement including new-construction residences on the property. This is one of them and Alessandra Branca has has created a stunning island home for her clients. 




In my life stateside I am all about white, light, neutral decor but when I get to Harbour Island I appreciate and gravitate toward the colors of the island. What I love about this space is the white backdrop and incredible balance of color and pattern throughout.




On a side note I was tickled to see my favorite mirror above. You know I never do this 'get the look' thing with interiors unless I'm using my own images, but I was so excited to see that this mirror  had found its way to Harbour Island that I had to share that we carry it at Canvas Interiors. It looks absolutely perfect in this island bath. 




Always inspiring, this island never fails to find its way back to my heart.


LINKS





images: Douglas Friedman || Lonny Mag. 










Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...