secret getaway

Hello and happy Monday to you. I hope you had a nice Sunday enjoying an extra hour of daylight.

Today I am sharing attic spaces with you.  I know they have been blogged about many times but one image caught my eye and took me back to my childhood so I decided to collect a few more images. 

Whether a true converted attic or a 'created' one through a build, there is something cozy and almost escapist about an attic space. A secret little getaway where you can be creative or simply take a nap.  





























This last image is the one that reminded me of our farm about 2 hours north of Toronto. We lived in the city and every weekend would go to the farm. The farmhouse attic was an unused storage space. It was turned into pretty much this room exactly. A row of 3 twin beds on one side, 3 on the other. The beds were covered in quilts my parents collected on our family trips to Nova Scotia.  Friends and cousins visited and we immediately ran up the steep attic stairs to our own little world. 

It was a sunny place to play board games, tell secrets, be a kid.  

I think there is something about an attic that makes an adult feel like a kid again...
sneaking away to their own little world. 

And we all need a little of that every now and then. 




images found: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...