gathering salon style

salon:  
is a gathering of people under the roof of an inspiring host, held partly to amuse one another and partly to refine the taste and increase the knowledge of the participants through conversation. (Wikipedia)


We do enjoy a gathering of people in our home.  We actually have a 'salon' setup with our living and dining room being in the same room .  As for being inspiring hosts you will have to ask our guests.  Do we amuse one another? Yes.  

I am looking at dining room drama today.  Since ours is the first thing you see when you walk in the door I am looking to add a little drama to the space.  A little 'wow'.   In a small simple way.  Like a bold and unexpected image or chairs with empty backs. Just a small detail can make a big difference. 















Bold art in a traditional setting, dramatic textures, cheeky chairs.  
I'm ready to get our salon ready for the next gathering. 



images found: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 //  // 6

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...