a slice of heaven can be yours

I have a handful of ultimate favorite blogs.  One of them is the wonderfully creative and inspiring Velvet & Linen by Brooke Giannetti.  I have read her blog for a long time and love her eye. It is one of my favorite places to go when I have a chunk of quiet time and a latte.  I dig in, read it, and dream along with her as she plans her new home 'Patina Farm' in Ojai California. Her husband Steve is an architect and together they create very beautiful properties for others.   I can only imagine the beauty they will create together in Ojai.

Well my friends, the Ojai planning just got fast-tracked and their delicious home in Santa Monica is on the market.  I have goose bumps dreaming of packing up my family tomorrow, getting on a plane and moving in immediately. Since that is not entirely possible I thought I would share the images from the listing (courtesy of Brooke) incase you are in the market for a Santa Monica slice of heaven.  



a welcoming property - you can just tell it's special


light filled dining room


warm and inviting living room


open kitchen/family room


sunny porch for happy gatherings


family room comfort


and upstairs...



 creative kids rooms




light filled master sanctuary


work area for the family - feels like a tree house


this image alone would sell me


peaceful and lush


... and back to the front yard which houses a bountiful garden


I encourage you to go to Brooke's blog and read her description of the house as she moves through the memories and stages of family life room by room.   Her voice is so genuine and is a pleasure to read.  She describes life in her home as if the house was part of the family.  It is a beautiful portrait she paints of life chez Giannetti.

I look forward to seeing her Ojai dream house come to life.  
In my time reading her blog it is clear to me that Brooke and Steve make a perfect creative team 
and will create something no less than magical in Ojai.  


To see more of the listing, you can find it here.  

all images courtesy of Brooke Giannetti 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my house with your friends!
    It's really been a home filled with love.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! In fact one of my LA friends just told me she was your neighbor! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...