SLIGHTLY OBSESSED: FIXER UPPER

This is a first. The first time I have talked about a TV show on Canvasstyle. But this one has me hooked and I thought I would share.

Mr. K and I have a little crush on another couple. We basically spent this past weekend between kids activities and FIFA looking for any episode we could find of 'Fixer Upper' on HGTV.


Joanna and Chip Gaines are utterly charming, determined, talented and well - just plain cute. I am a huge fan of 'before/after' reveals and this format on HGTV usually sucks me in. However this one has not only sucked me in, it has inspired me. 

Perhaps it is the parallel for us of a couple working together, or the interior design aspect of it, or the furniture part. Mr. K and I swim in these waters together so this show resonates with us. All I know is I am slightly obsessed with this one. We both look at the old forlorn houses as Chip and Joanna show their clients a potential reno house and say 'ohhhh that is so beautiful!".

Here are a few before/afters:






and some simply amazing afters:

Fixer Upper just aired its last episode of season 1 and is currently shooting season 2. I am so looking forward to season 2.

If you like old (read: decaying, falling down, long forgotten) homes and the idea of loving one back to life, you need to watch this show. Not to mention Joanna's wardrobe is so laid back cool I want to shop her closet. Very 'canvasstyle' - easy classics, jeans and fabulous boots.

Check out these links for more info and for their great shop Magnolia Market.

Joanna's Blog

Magnolia website

HGTV / Fixer Upper









Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...