sleep over

When I was little we had a farm outside of the city where we would go every weekend.  On it was an old farmhouse that my parents lovingly restored.  A steep set of stairs lead to a giant open attic that ran the length of the house.  It had sloped ceilings and dormer windows.  My parents painted it sunny yellow and put 6 twin beds in it.  Pine chests at the end of each bed were full of toys and treasures. 

A few simple throw rugs and colorful vintage quilts made for a special hideaway for my sister and I. 

I have been thinking about that room lately and thought I would share a few images of bunk rooms I have been collecting this past few weeks.  Whether bunks or twin bed nooks, there is something magical about a room like this.  










Lots of memories and a sense of adventure are created in a space 
made just for kids tucked away from the rest of the house.  














Here's to summer nights and flashlights under the covers.  


images found: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

2 comments:

  1. Mary Moffat JohanssonMay 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

    I remember hearing about your farm! Those memories are so special and now I am trying to do the same with my own children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bunk beds are really lovely! Especially the red cross photo.

    ReplyDelete

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...