SLIGHTLY OBSESSED: CHATEAU GUDANES

I saw the restoration of Chateau Gudanes pop up in one of my many 'feeds' (Elle Decor and Veranda have both picked it up) and got immediately intrigued.

The Chateau is being restored by an Australian family and their account of the journey has totally captured my imagination. Peeling back the layers of history sounds like the best job ever. Built in the early 1700's, the Chateau lay in ruin until this adventurous family discovered it. 



This is a total fantasy of mine, to restore an old property and spend countless hours unearthing the past. When I was little I used to dream of being allowed to stay in an old run down place by myself so I could explore. I will absolutely be digging in to this website and have already followed on Instagram.   From discovering original hand-painted wallpaper, to horses grazing on the front steps I am completely captivated.  So I thought I would share it with you today...





Now I just need to find an entire morning to read the blog and look at every single Instagram pic. 

check out their blog and find their instagram feed here


all images: Chateau Gudanes


Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...