Dear Lisa: can I come over?

While finally catching up on my Lonny mag fix (Mr. XS otherwise known as youngest child went back to preschool today!)  I saw this.  The beach getaway of a girl named Lisa.  And I wanted Lisa to be my friend so I could drink wine with her right here:


This is my kind of beach house.  The tone on tone creamy palette is so inviting and casual. And the sink-in-and stay awhile message is loud and clear when you add the fur pillows, fuzzy hide and cozy throw. The sea grass, jute and light wood makes the room glow with a sandy warmth.  


One of the first homes built on Bald Head Island in the early 70's, this gem was ready for a renovation.  Starting with white paint, Lisa's reno plan is thoughtful and stikes a perfect beach house balance. I often talk in terms of 'beachy yet not too kitchy".  I have been known to use the words "sophisticated yet not too precious".  I like the word 'yet' when describing a look. It connotes that a look is not one-note, not straight out of a textbook.  If you read the Lonny article, this is exactly how she describes her goals for the renovation. Her signature is 'casual luxe' and it totally resonates with me. 

My favorite interiors are ones that show both balance and tension.  Balance of scale, tone and texture.  Tension between fancy and flea market, rustic and sleek.  This place has it down.  
































As each page unfolds I think "yes, yes that's perfect!".  I love her taste, but more importantly her style. It takes a certain something to put a look together that is eclectic yet seamless (see more of Lisa Sherry's work here).  And as always, Patrick Cline does a superb job of capturing the essence of the home in his images. 

These images are going on my old-school bulletin board.  
This home is too inspiring to live only in virtual land.
Must get more printer ink stat.



Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...