get away

I came across this home via the style files (a wonderful blog) and decided to dig in and read about it in Casa.  It really is a perfect example of how a keen eye for editing and a desire to simplify life can go a long way.

A former JP Morgan exec buys a former potters studio in Trancoso, Brazil and sets out to renovate.  It could be the beginning of a big over-the-top reno but instead, the homeowner and architect remodeled the home preserving the artful vibe.  
















look at the real logs in the ceiling... shower heads!





 hand carved sink by local artisans


I love the rustic feel coupled with the crisp white plaster and white furniture.  

It instantly elevates both the structure and the interiors 
to something elegant just by nature of the simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...