We are full speed ahead on a kitchen renovation in our new home. The kitchen was brown. Really brown. And black. And did I mention brown? This image is where we are today. Click through for before pics.
This past week the Ipe floors were stripped, sanded and refinished resulting in a beautiful matte vibe.
Next week appliances arrive and the drywall folks, electrician, plumber all do the tango to get this wrapped up. We had the existing cabinets professionally sprayed. I will post about that process with some tips and advice at a later date.
(crappy photos please excuse)
What we did:
- chopped off the bar height island and created counter height island
- removed wall oven tower and upper cabinets, replaced those with open shelves
- removed tile backsplash behind stove and installed a slab of Silestone Statuario quartz
- removed black countertops and installed Silestone Statuario quartz
- spray painted cabinets (professionally)
- installed white farmhouse sink
Design decisions still to come:
- deciding between brass or polished nickel hardware for the cabinets
- replace pendant lights
- choose a paint color for entire room, shifting from heavy cream to a warm but whiter white
Stay tuned for refinished floors, finishing touches and final paint choices. White paint choices are keeping me up at night.