slightly obsessed: lemlem

Today I bring you lemlem, Liya Kebede's labor of love. I have had my eye on lemlem over the years and admired the story behind it. Hand woven treasures, these pieces have brought much needed economic independence to the traditional weavers in her native country of Ethiopia.  Liya discovered they were losing their jobs due to a decline in local demand for their goods and she wanted to do something about it. 

lemlem means 'to bloom' in Amharic. 


With the launch of her children's line in 2007, 
Liya has bloomed from children's clothing to a women's line and a partnership with J.Crew.  



image: here


 Liya and clothesline images: lemlem

One new thing has made it to my closet and prompted this post...

...you guessed it, a lemlem piece.  
I was smitten the minute I opened the box. 
and the best news... this one currently on sale at shopbop!

and I collected a few more pieces for you to look at below.  
happy shopping and happy Monday!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...