Swiss chalet

Today we head to the Alpes.  I included this attic bathroom in Monday's post and when I traced the image back to Elle Decor Espana I was immediately drawn in to the rest of this amazing chalet.  


From the outside, this Swiss chalet looks like what you would expect.  


However, take a look at the rest of the home. With soaring ceilings and a white on white palette this is anything but traditional. Yet it totally works.  I can just taste the Raclette on that dining table now.




















Can you picture yourself perched in this chair, looking at this view?


The creamy palette lets the outdoors take center stage. A mix of old world texture and contemporary furniture totally work to make this Swiss chalet inviting and cozy. The abundance of light and large windows creates a soaring, lofty feeling. The space is grounded by rich touches like the brown bedskirt above, the cowhide chairs and a big fluffy dark rug in the living room. 

What a refreshing take on a traditional genre. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...