get out

So while the 'someday' pool house build goes on the back burner, we are in high gear to clean up the backyard pool area and create a little outdoor zen den.  There are so many ways to do this whether you have actual shelter overhead or not.  A trip to Home Depot and a dash of inspiration and you can transform a corner into a little shady haven. 

I love a chandelier hanging from a tree.  So cozy.  
I also love the sound of crunchy pea meal gravel under foot.  




Create ambiance with some trellis and bougainvillea.
This one creates a little cave of greenery and rocks.




This one is kind of cool in an industrial sort of way.  
I feel like this should be in Austin TX for some reason.  Artful, contemporary and a tad rustic.





While there is no overhead shelter here, I adore the green lush living room.  
It looks so welcoming with the fireplace and cozy seating.  




Here is a more formal version actually attached to a house 
(the beautiful house of designer Suzanne Kasler) and again, the gravel.  
The symmetry and clean lines of this space totally appeal to me. And of course the white.




This is one of my favs from So. Cal.  I love the fresh white paint with contrasting dark wood.  
Very British West Indies don't you think?



This space is about the size of our little project.  Ours is roofed, enclosed and with a ceiling fan to boot.
First up, a coat of white paint.


Well friends, I will post a before and after picture when we get rolling.  
You are invited to join us in our mini cabana for a cocktail the minute it is done. 

images found:  1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...