glowing beach retreat

This weekend getaway stopped my in my tracks.  I have seen it here and there on pinterest over the last few months and sourced it back to Boston Magazine.  I love knowing the back story of these gorgeous places and thought I would share it with you here.

After many years of renting in Nantucket, this couple found a dream piece of land in Surfside, 15 minutes from town and built this home.  Shiplap walls in lieu of drywall, hand rubbed exposed rafters and rough hewn floors make for a home that looks like a remodel of an old cottage, not a new build.

This room typifies the style we have put together at Canvas Interiors.  Clean, simple yet glistening with little details that make a room special. This image is a perfect example of organic textures like the coffee table melding with a little sparkle like the mirrored table,  glass table lamp and hurricanes.  It is the little touches that bring a room to life.  


hand-crafted pieces like this bar table 



and texture like the back wall make for eye candy in all the right places



juxtaposition of dark and light



touches of turquoise



white white and more white frame the ocean



the bathroom sparkles with marble and glass


All these things add up to the way I love to see a space unfold.  
Start with white, and lots of it. 
 Add special touches like driftwood, glass and bits of color 
 until it glows. 




the team
Architect  BPC Architecture, Nantucket
Interiors  Donna Elle Interior Design, Nantucket
Contractor  Cross Rip Development, Nantucket
Photographer:  Nat Rea




  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Deep Dive

I am finding with extra time at home I am becoming more of a shopping sleuth. I have shopped on Amazon forever, but never really for 'fa...